The Secret To Getting Rid Of Roaches On Chattanooga Properties
Have you ever heard that cockroaches can live without their head? Well, it’s true! Cockroaches can live up to a week without their head, only dying due to starvation or dehydration. This is just one of the many facts about cockroaches that speak to their formidability as a pest.
Four species are common in the Chattanooga area. These species are:
- Brown-banded cockroaches are ½ of an inch long with light brown banding on their wings, which is where their name comes from.
- Oriental cockroaches are one of the largest cockroach species at about an inch long. They have a shiny black body.
- American cockroaches are the largest species in the United States, ranging between 1¼ to 2 inches in length. While they have wings and can fly short distances, they prefer crawling. They are reddish-brown with a yellowish figure-8 pattern on their head.
- German cockroaches are light brown with two dark stripes on their backs. They are also the most common property-invading cockroach species.
No matter the species, cockroaches are not a welcome sight in any home, which is why you should be aware of them as a Chattanooga resident.
Are Cockroaches Dangerous Or Just Gross?
While cockroaches are known for creating an unpleasant, musty odor when they infest, this might be the least of your health concerns. Most people already know how gross they are, and this pest is known for living in unsanitary places, but they pick up pathogens even before entering homes.
Cockroaches can spread bacteria and contaminate food, personal hygiene products, and surfaces by leaving feces and urine throughout a home. Some of the illnesses cockroaches spread are E. coli, dysentery, salmonella, typhoid fever, giardia, gastroenteritis, and more.
Cockroaches can also cause allergies by leaving shed skin and carcasses throughout your home. And although it is not necessarily dangerous, cockroaches have a broad diet which can include curtains, clothing, flooring, paper, and furniture. This pest will eat its way through your home, ruining your belongings and damaging your property.
Once inside, getting rid of cockroaches on your own is a near-impossible task, but some folks are experts on pests like cockroaches and can help restore your home to its previous pest-free self.
Can I Get Rid Of Cockroaches On My Own?
The professionals at Perfect Blend Pest Solutions are the ones to call for total cockroach elimination on your Chattanooga property. As tempting as it might be, you are likely not to have any luck getting rid of cockroaches on your own. This is because they are:
- Cockroaches are excellent at hiding, making it challenging to locate the entire infestation and get rid of any pest infestation effectively; you must target the pest at all life stages.
- Cockroaches are prolific reproducers, with between 300 to 400 offspring up to eight times a year.
- Cockroaches are known to live in sewers and landfills, which may be why they have developed such robust immune systems.
- Cockroaches are becoming increasingly more resistant to conventional pesticides making the products you can buy at the store less effective.
Instead of wasting time and money and causing yourself more stress, you should call Perfect Blend Pest Solutions for assistance!
Can I Prevent Cockroaches In My Chattanooga Home?
Since most people would prefer to keep cockroaches out in the first place, here are several prevention tips that you may find helpful to keep cockroaches away:
- Identify and seal up potential entry points.
- Store open food properly; the best is in air-tight containers.
- Take the trash out regularly and use bins with tight-fitting lids.
- Declutter the interior and exterior of your home, which should include removing yard debris.
- Address any moisture issues on your property.
The best way to prevent a cockroach infestation is with ongoing assistance from pest experts like Perfect Blend Pest Solutions. We have the tools and experience to get the job done right! Reach out to us today to learn more about our residential pest control and commercial pest management options!
Request Your Free Inspection
Complete the form below to schedule your no obligation inspection.
Perfect Blend Pest Solutions
1446 Main St.