Mosquito Control And Prevention For Chattanooga Homeowners
Mosquitoes are a summertime nuisance in the Chattanooga area. They buzz around your head, bite you and leave itchy red welts on your skin. But mosquitoes are more than just a nuisance-they can also be dangerous. Mosquitoes are vectors of many human diseases. If you’re having a problem with mosquitoes, consider seeking the services of a professional Chattanooga pest control contractor. They can promptly help you get rid of mosquitoes from your home.
Why Mosquitoes Are Considered Dangerous
Mosquitoes are dangerous because they’re carriers of many human diseases. Mosquitoes can transmit:
- Dengue Fever: A viral disease that causes fever, headache, muscle pain, and a rash.
- Malaria: This potent disease is caused by parasites and transmitted to people through the bites of infected mosquitoes.
- West Nile Virus: A potent viral illness ranging from a mild flu-like illness to a more serious neurological condition.
- Yellow Fever: A mosquito-borne viral infection found in tropical areas of Africa and the Americas.
- The Zika Virus: The Zika virus is a mosquito-borne virus that’s new to the scene. It’s linked to a severe congenital anomaly.
All of these diseases can be deadly if not treated properly. Of all the options, the best thing to do to get rid of mosquitoes is hire a professional pest control contractor. Don’t cut corners and try to get rid of mosquitoes yourself; it may only complicate matters.
What Mosquitoes Like Your Yard
Before you come up with the best ways to get rid of mosquitoes on your property, you need to understand what they like in a yard. Mosquitoes are attracted to:
- Standing water because it’s the perfect place for them to lay their eggs.
- Mosquitoes are drawn to shady, damp areas as they need humidity to survive.
- They are also attracted to carbon dioxide and certain scents, like human blood.
- Mosquitoes will love it if your yard has shade; they prefer the shade to direct sunlight.
- If your yard has grassy areas, mosquitoes can come and lay their eggs there.
Prompt action is vital to mosquito management. The best way to kill mosquitoes is to focus more on what you can do to make your yard less hospitable for them. Contact an exterminator for both synthetic and natural remedies for mosquitoes.
How To Reduce Mosquitoes
If you’re looking for the best thing to get rid of mosquitoes, you’ll first have to understand how to reduce their numbers. The best way to keep mosquitoes away is by preventing them from being able to thrive in your yard. Consider:
- Removing any standing water, you find on your property. Mosquitoes only need a small amount of water-no bigger than a bottle cap to lay their eggs.
- If you have an outdoor seating area where you like to relax, install mosquito netting to keep them away.
- Use natural remedies for mosquitoes, such as planting (lavender, marigolds) mosquito-repelling plants in your yard. Mosquitoes hate the smell of these plants, so they avoid them at all costs.
- Cut the grass short and clean up leaf litter to help prevent mosquitoes from laying eggs there.
- Check window screens for any holes or tears that could let mosquitoes in when windows are open.
- Use synthetic products like bug zappers and insect repellants.
Contact a professional pest control firm if you’re not sure about the safe and efficient ways to kill mosquitoes or how to reduce their numbers. They can help you develop the best mosquito prevention plan for your yard.
The Best Way To Prevent Mosquitoes
Do you require reliable ways to get rid of mosquitoes? Contact the professionals—they’re best suited to know about the various tactics to repel mosquitoes. Perfect Blend Pest Solutions will inspect your yard, identify mosquito breeding grounds and put together an effective plan to help you get rid of mosquitoes. It’s important to remember that these pests can carry dangerous diseases, so it’s best not to take any chances. Call us today to schedule your appointment.
Request Your Free Inspection
Complete the form below to schedule your no obligation inspection.
Perfect Blend Pest Solutions
1446 Main St.